Remember taking Family Photo’s at Sears? I think we are all happy those days are behind us now! My job as your Family Photographer is to capture the essence of who each of you are individually, while you’re all together. Sometimes it requires a bit of juggling and planning but, the process and photo shoot is always fun. With an abundance of beautiful places in and around Burlington, VT I’m sure we’ll find the perfect setting for you. Mike also loves to get out in the mountains and trying new things so – if you have an adventurous family, and you’d love to capture “that moment” as you adventure, this already sounds like fun!
How to make a good family photo shoot
- Location – Choose a location that fits your family image. While your background may be blurry, an industrial setting may not provide the look and feel the Outdoors Enthusiast desires.
- Energy – Select a photographer that is as excited about this location as you are. It takes different skills to photo some locations and that’s important to plan for.
- Kids – Bring things that they love, and will entertain their short attention span. Snacks are a good idea too! The more “fun” you help make this for them, the better smile you’ll get from them 🙂
- Smiles – If you need a clown to make the family smile, please bring one! We expect that you’ll be bringing your best photo face with you and if that means you look 1800’s when posing, your photo’s will look 1800’s when delivered.
- Clothing – Are you going for the “all white shirt and blue jeans look” or the “all plaid” look? Think about what you want the final image to look like and we’ll discuss that as we plan your shoot. It should go without saying but, please ensure that the clothing you choose is ready to be photographed ie: clean & ironed if need be.
- Research – Do you know what kind of photo you want?
- Some people have no clue what they want but, they want a family photo, and that is OK! It’s important to have that conversation though so we can work on finding the right spot to compliment the personality of your family.
- Some folks know exactly what they want in their family photograph. They want the barn with the foliage in the background, sweaters, leaves flying etc. Or maybe you’ve been on Facebook or Instagram and found photos that you really like? Save them and we can work to replicate them!
- Let’s talk, we’ll plan it all out and then meet for the shoot!